Friday, March 30, 2007

Toy Molotov Cocktail (You know, for kids!)

More of "Your Awful"

DeAnn replied to our call for awful and after getting a peek at just a few of the awful things in her collection I decided I had to visit her home and see first hand what other treasures I could find. She welcomed me and my camera to come by next Sunday.

In the meanwhile the piece that most intrigued and thrilled me was this Molotov Cocktail toy, yes; TOY! It says so right on the package. And love the subtitle, "Tank Buster." Well at least it's teaching kids to fight the power instead of to fight for the power. Maybe we could use more toys like this eh?

It's actually got me thinking that they might have missed some great marketing opportunities with movies like Fight Club. Who says a "Tyler Durden doll with imploding building©" wouldn't be appropriate? I dont think Maco Toys would have a problem with it. Hell even United 93 or World Trade Center might have great untapped potential for toys or maybe breakfast cereals. The "My First Act of Terrorism©" kit will be a big hit at Toys 'R' Us. How about "September 11th Cereal©" shaped like little people. You'd shake them out of twin boxes shaped like buildings (Good way to sell mulitple boxes of cereal!) with a toy airplane in each box. I just got carried away didn't I? I'll just move on now...

DeAnn and her husband Lurch run cool local movie screenings. Click here for more on that and watch for the Truly Awful Stuff field trip to their house featuring many more photos of great awful stuff, coming soon.

Update: Click here for more on this awful thing!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha omg, the cereal. so many lines crossed, yet hilarious. you're too much.

Anonymous said...

Funny blog, but it should be "You're Awful", if you are trying to say "You are Awful", which one would assume.

KLJ said...

Thanks Casey and Anon.
And for the record, I am saying your awful as opposed to our awful. You see most of the awful on here is owned by Brett or I, but some are sent in by "you" the reader.

Anonymous said...

I left my awful in my other pants

KLJ said...

Is that awful in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?

You've got your awful in my peanut butter!
You've got your peanut butter on my awful!
MMMMMMMM Tastes great!

Anonymous said...

This is awful. First off, you can't use a plastic bottle for a molotov cocktail. It's not going to shatter upon impact and provide good distribution for whatever combustible liquid you prefer. Second, how are you going to bust a tank with that? It might be effective if you drop it in the open hatch, but that isn't practical. Lastly, there isn't even a wick!

Truth be told, I played with toy guns all the time as a kid. I think the last time I was in a fight was 18 years ago. At least on a personal level, I see a huge difference between play and reality. On a cultural level, you have to wonder.

mark

KLJ said...

Well the next time you're in a fight is going to be right quick if you know what I mean.

Did that sound tough? I was trying to sound tough. It didn't did it? DAMN! See, that's what happens when you play with teddy bears, Star Wars figures and ventiliquist dolls instead of toy guns. Oh poo!

Anonymous said...

You did sound a little tough. I don't see a huge difference between Star Wars and toy guns. (Unless your Star Wars figures always got along, in which case you were playing wrong.)

I certainly hope if I'm in a fight again it's pretty quick. As a de facto pacifist, it would take a lot to get me in a fight. If it comes to that, I'll fight as dirty as I can to get it over with as quick as possible. More likely, I'll just get my ass kicked expeditiously.

mark

KLJ said...

Well, all I can say is, if you run into me in a dark alley, you'd better hope I don't have my Toy Molotov Cocktail with me...








...because I won't share, and your feelings will be hurt, MWA HA HA HA!

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)

pharmacy said...

Yeah that's cool, hey! i have an idea let teach children to destroy, kill and to not respect old people, ok great let's do it... what kind of world is this ??

safemeds said...

Yeah is cool let's teach and let other to teach to our children to destroy and kill, +10 for the human race... the most stupid race in the universe...

Anonymous said...

Great! Thanks for sharing this one.The perfect cheap term life insurancefor you

Anonymous said...

AMAZING Cost of Whole Life Insurance things you have here! I admire you for what you do and write! TWO term life insurance age 41 thumbs up!

Anonymous said...

This is the best life insurance age 77 blog that I have ever read!! YIPEE!!! Sooo happy that i have found this! This is what I have been term life insurance age 38 looking for the longest time.

Anonymous said...

What a nice http://termlifeinsurancemales.com/life-insurance-by-state/ohio-life-insurance/ blog you have here!! I am so happy because I came across this one. I will surely life insurance high blood pressure share this to my friends.

Anonymous said...

i actually saw comfortisse bra one of these in a charity ahh bra shop when i visited ohia last year lol.

Anonymous said...

this made my day.


Medisoft billing software for all your medical software needs.

Anonymous said...

“Asking Europe to disarm is like asking a man in Chicago to give up his life insurance types.” - Will Rogers quotes